Tuesday 27 November 2012

how to : french manicure

I really love nail varnish and all things nail art (except duck feet acrylics, I just don't get it) so I thought I would show you how I do a French manicure.
 
all the things I use



cuticle remover cream
You want to start off by filing your nails into a shape that you like, I tend to go for rounded ends, then put a bit of hand or nail cream (I use Superdrug Hand Therapy Intensive Hand Cream, £1.99 for 75ml) on them and rub it in. I leave that until it has soaked in then I use a cuticle removing cream (I have one that a friend gave me because she didn't use it, The Color Workshop Cuticle Remover Cream), after leaving this for a minute or so I rub it down to the tips of the nails and remove the cuticles.
base coat
 
Next up I use Kiko 3 in 1 White, base coat, nail fortifier and top coat. This is super fast drying and helps keep your nails white, it costs £4.90 from the Kiko shop, which is really good value.

white tips

 
After that has dried I use Kiko 203 French Manicure White For Tips to paint the tips of my nails white. I really like this particular polish since it has a short thin brush which makes it much easier to do the tips. I'm pretty sure this one only cost £2.50.
 
I do 2 coats of white on the tips then follow it with 2 coats of the Kiko 207 French Manicure beige. I always make sure I let the polish dry in between coats as I then don't smudge it straight away, I find that it also helps it last longer. I finish with the 3 in 1 as a top coat.
beige
 
 
 
 
 I hope enjoyed reading this little tutorial and as always leave me a comment if you like it or if you tried it or both :)
 

x♥x


4 comments:

  1. The white tips are perfect, I'm so useless at french manicures x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use the tips of my nails as a guide, I don't like to have a straight line across :)

      Delete
  2. When you do the beige coats after the white tips, do you go right over the white, or stop inside the white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you just go over it, it makes no difference to the white :)

      Delete