Tuesday 27 November 2012

recent beauty buys


I thought I would compile a few of the beauty products that I have bought recently and really like. To start off with I got the Nivea Express Hydration Primer that I previously did a sample review for. I really liked the sample so I went out and bought the full size product, this one set me back £3.99. I really enjoyed this moisturising primer and it really helps my makeup to stay on my face where it belongs.



The next product I bought is a Make Up Academy (MUA) blush in Shade 1. I used points on my Superdrug beauty card to buy this but usually it costs £1. It's a really pretty peach and it has lots of sparkles in it. This blush is not too pigmented so it just adds a light colour to the cheeks without looking overpowering, I really like to use this blush when I have a red lipstick on.




 Another 2 items I bought came from MUA as well, they are eyeshadows in Shade 12 (left) and Shade 20 (right). Shade 12 is a pearly brown with blue-ish shimmer and Shade 20 is a matte charcoal grey. I use the matte shade for a smokey eye and the shimmer shade for everyday makeup looks. They cost £1 each and they are really pigmented, a little goes a very long way.

I also got a couple of lip products too. One of the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters in the shade 025 Peach Parfait which is a really pretty pink peach with little shimmers in. I really like the colour because it's subtle for everyday and perfect if you have heavy or dramatic eye makeup on. The other is a Lasting Finish by Kate for Rimmel London lipstick in shade 107. This one is the opposite of subtle being a deep wine colour, it is also matte which I really like (and I can even add a balm or gloss over it to make it shiny).
The final product I bought is the Queen Attitude Khol Kajal from Bourjois Paris. I had heard about kajal eyeliners from other blogs and youtube videos and I really wanted to try it. Unfortunately Clarins discontinued their kajal so I couldn't get one but then while browsing the makeup in Superdrug (as you do) and I spotted this one. At £6.99 it's a lot cheaper than the Clarins one and I love it, I can use it for a really dramatic look and it can blend out into a smokey eye look. I'm a bit concerned that when the conical shape goes it will not work as well but so far so good.

As always leave a comment if you have any of these products and like them or don't, I would love to know :)

x♥x

 

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the Bourjois Eyeliner! I shall be getting one too :D

    ReplyDelete